Saturday, 9 August 2008

Solvang the Danish Capital of California


Apparently ther was a windmill mine discovered just up the road from here.
Some of them are still standing, but in this gas guzzling society they have all been nailed up to make them less energy efficient.
The Danes were noted travellers in fact some of them were Great! The town is really pretty. They can grow the fancy blue flowers that Sara grows at least twice as big, and have the friendliest way of parting tourists from their money... by tantalising you with pastries or subtly fermented grapes which they have painstakingly encapsulated in glass bottles and sealed with a cork like material.Here comes the double whammy in order to extricate said libation they sell you a speciallist device not unlike our own corkscrew, which the Motel sees as non essential, and does not provide as standard along with the TV, VCR, CD player, Air Con Unit, Microwave, Fridge, 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, bath mat, King Sized bed, Piezo ignition log fire in authentic stone fireplace.individually wrapped shower cap and various toiletries etc. I am forced to ask myself what the world is coming to. If the airline industry was not scared that I was going to cause inappropriate upset to their passengers crew and schedule, I would have had my less than dangerous plastic Volvo one in my rucsack. I have risen to the challenge, and tonights libation is a well chilled 2006 Bernardus Chardonnay that I intended to open last night before being short circuited by the largesse of Bill and his good lady. I can report that it has travelled well, (but is unlikely to do so again as we are here for two nights)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: