Sunday, 27 July 2008

The Peabody (ducks in the Fountain)




We all went tothe famous Peabody Hotel for Sunday Brunch today. It is a really swish place. Valet Parking. Wonderfully lavish 1930s furnishings, and a bit idiosynchratic, in that they keep ducks in a special fountain in the Foyer. At 5.00pm each day, they roll out a red carpet and the ducks walk up to the elevator, and are taken up to the roof to Duck Palace.
We had a superb meal, with a choice like you can't imagine. So Seafood, roast meats, salads, dressings. Then a whole series of roasts, beef, lamb, or waffles, omelettes made to order, or/and a shed load of fresh fruits, eggs Benedict. This is of course served with Champagne, coffee, tea, or whatever you fancy. Then of course there is pudding, or if you can't manage that... dessert, which could have been fresh pastries, bread pudding,fruity stuff , creme caramel/ brule. For those still peckish, and there might have been an odd one , you could fill up on GRITS!!!!

Since we got home I haven't moved.
Being a bit of a Dork, I forgot the camera, but when I get hold of Margarets I will put some pictures up. keep watching.
Thanks for being patient . In the top photoyou have Justin with Maddy, and Lauren (Justins sister) with Si
Below are the Wigfield family trying to upstage the ducks.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi all,
just to prove I am keeping track of you. Sounds amazing.
Was duck on the menu?
love Heather